Petchatters Meets Animalchatters
March 29, 2024, 02:39:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are now on Facebook, Search for Animalchatters on Facebook and join in.

To join us in live chat via basic java click the 'Chat Room' tab below        

Please register, to post here!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Rainbow Bridge Home Page Chat Room Staff List Login Register  

Have a story, question, or comment about birds this be the place.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a story, question, or comment about birds this be the place.  (Read 672 times)
Lhasav
Administrator

« on: October 23, 2008, 05:40:53 pm »

From: ^birdie^  (Original Message) Sent: 09/10/2001 10:18 PM

Have a story, question, or comment  this be the place.

we like natural wood perches

we like to live your lives with you 

we need  a safe cage, good food and  love and we like to play hehehehe

^birdie^   

We would also like to know what kind of birds you all have?

Here's a question. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before.I have a baby cockatiel( I'm not sure of her exact age, she still has a pink beak.)I don't like confining my birds to a cage so I usually allow them a lot of freedom.Anyway, to the point. My baby seems to be 'top heavy'. She has no sense of balance and when she tries to fly short distances, she usually goes beak first to the floor. for that reason, I have to keep her in a cage for most of the time. Does anybody know what this is, or will she just outgrow it? Maybe she just needs to get practice?

Hi nasale, if your tiel is in fact a baby it is not unusual for it be clumsy. As for the flying..............  have the flight feathers been clipped???
How long have you had the bird?
Where did you get it?
What  kind of tiel is it?  lution(yellow) or gray Huh?
Have you had him/her vet checked?

Keeping the bird  confined to the cage will not help,  my suggestion is get it to exercise..............  try this.   Let the bird sit on your  index finger , gently place your thumb over its feet to hold it there,    raise and lower your hand just fast enough to get  the  bird flapping its wings  repeat for a few minutes,  then do the  ladder game,   nudge your other hand   against its body  just above the legs  getting birdy to step up ( say the word * up *  ) with each step  do for a few minutes.

These are 2 very good exercises  for a baby to gain some strenght,  try several times a day.
Just remember  not to long each time  it should be fun for the bird not stressful.
Let me know how things are going.

HEY EVERYBODY,
COOLGURL IS NOW THE PROUD PARENT OF A 10 WEEK OLD BABY LOVEBIRD, NAMED RAINBOW. ALSO, TODAY, 1/27/02 IS COOL'S 13TH BIRTHDAY.
  THIS HAS BEEN HER B-DAY WISH FOR A WHILE AND SICE THIS IS HER FIRST PET OF HER VERY OWN, I KNOW SHE WILL NEED A LOT OF ADVICE AND CAN COUNT ON ALL OF OUR FRIENDS HERE TO HELP HER OUT. A BIGGG RESPONSIBILITY. OF COURSE, I WILL BE RIGHT THERE FOR HER TOO, BUT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I HAVE DELT WITH A BABY BIRD.

LUV TO ALL
                                           WATERBABI           

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lhasav
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 06:02:01 pm »

From: adoptedall  (Original Message) Sent: 28/11/2005 10:40 PM

during the hurricane, and aftermath, all of us were drinking water from bottles.  i was just wondering , is our well water, k for the parrots.  they have been drinking it for years, as have we.  any thoughts, about well water?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh? i think it is probably safer than city water with all the stuff they put in it.

If you aren't sure have your water tested.  Yes city water has been treated so much we get reports twice  a year telling us how much chemicals are in it and what they have to do to reduce this and that....  thats why we drink bottled water....

Pam

Report Spam   Logged
Lhasav
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 06:04:29 pm »

From: Purrson©  (Original Message) Sent: 18/09/2002 10:42 PM

Guest84172 says:any duck experts here?

Guest84172 says:i have duck questions!!!!

^Purrson^ says:no,  wonder if kitty is around shes had ducks

^Purrson^ says: like what?

Guest84172 says: 1. how long will my 6 month old Rouens lay eggs for?

Guest84172 says: 2. They are unfertilized.. but they love to sit on them. Will they get mad if i take them away?

Guest84172 says: I dont want to make them mad

^Purrson^ says: generally if you take eggs away know birds lay more eggs

Guest84172 says: i heard that their diet effects how many eggs they lay

Guest84172 says: hard to find a chat that has anyone that knows anything about ducks!!

I directed the guest to join and post here, if they do...Birders want to comment?

Well for the guest who came to the chat room  with the egg question.

I think 6 months is a bit young,     Is the duck an outside bird or inside?
I would know a parrot problem but not too sure about ducks ,   you could try the folks at this site --> http://groups.msn.com/thegandergab               or  read the article on egg laying on the Parrot message board.

da boid      aka    ^birdie^

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: