Petchatters Meets Animalchatters
April 17, 2024, 09:29:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are now on Facebook, Search for Animalchatters on Facebook and join in.

To join us in live chat via basic java click the 'Chat Room' tab below        

Please register, to post here!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Rainbow Bridge Home Page Chat Room Staff List Login Register  

How to know when its time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when its time.  (Read 1394 times)
Purrson
Administrator

« on: October 14, 2008, 12:13:50 am »

This is a link I though was well written "How TO Know When It's Time"  for anyone that would like to read it.

http://hometown.aol.com:80/northtwin/HowToKnowWhenItIsTime.html

Lhasa  
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sab3mmom

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:11:44 am »

Totally disagree with the article. Sorry, but if you have been there with your pet for any time whatsoever you know and they DO let you know when it's time to let go. Whether it's a lack of appetite or no more playing ball or no more kisses or one head hanging verry low...they let you know! I'm not at all trying to give human feelings to critters but they DO have feelings you know?! I have lost a heart-dog and nursed one thru a really bad time. Currently trying to help another senior citizen live his life span. I my current senior was ready to give up he wouldn't have made the strides he has in the past 3 months. He wants to live and he gives me kisses to prove it!
Report Spam   Logged

sharon - mom to Mozie, Monte, cocoMo, & Charlie-Tuna
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 12:37:51 am »

Looking at that page now, been busily moving things over... I agree pets let you know when its their time but sure hard to know... I have had cats for years, and have had to fight that choice at the end... Remember one of my first, Sneakers, he was always friendly to all, and very much a valued family member like your Maxi...I kept him going with Subcutaneous fluids at home for a year of kidney failure, at the end he had lost half his weight, couldn't jump on the couch even,  let alone the beds, wasn't eating unless force fed the neutrocal paste, and we decided it was time... I remember sitting at the back of the waiting room, opened the case and was cuddling him and trying not to cry, he was very interested in watching the fish in the fish tank, I normally didn't sit at that end of the room... always wondered, was he ready to go or did I quit too soon on him?
That was many years ago, but I still wonder.
BTW Maxi welcome to moderator of your board  Wink and ty for agreeing to chip in and help...
Report Spam   Logged

Breedism is a form of Racism, with a different name to it.
BAN THE DEED, NOT THE BREED
sab3mmom

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:40:58 pm »

Unreal Purr how I never saw your response! Tis a problem with this board I'm thinking...you can hit "show new messages" but it doesn't seem to work that well.
Report Spam   Logged

sharon - mom to Mozie, Monte, cocoMo, & Charlie-Tuna
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 11:56:05 pm »

how was your october lol  Grin when I log in also try to look on board as a whole to see who last posted where...
I got a age of dog related to human yrs by size of dog graph I need to post on here somwheres too... is that a run on sentence??
Report Spam   Logged

Breedism is a form of Racism, with a different name to it.
BAN THE DEED, NOT THE BREED
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: