Petchatters Meets Animalchatters
March 28, 2024, 11:53:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are now on Facebook, Search for Animalchatters on Facebook and join in.

To join us in live chat via basic java click the 'Chat Room' tab below        

Please register, to post here!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Rainbow Bridge Home Page Chat Room Staff List Login Register  

Pets Crossed to bridge here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets Crossed to bridge here  (Read 6072 times)
Purrson
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 12:30:44 am »

For 13 wonderful years, you kept us laughing with your antics: the way you crab-bounced when you were startled; the way you played inside your kitty cube, tumbling it throughout the house and whacking unsuspecting people as they walked past; the way you bounded so high when going onto the patio; the way you'd lay against us while we slept, stretched as long as you could stretch (and God forbid that we would disturb you); the way you'd rub against Dakota, your doggie buddy, and walk under his chest; the way you'd meander in front of us, walking your crooked path, when we'd head to the bedroom for the night. Memories are all we have of you now, but Mommy and I both know that you're now filling someone else's life with joy -- or you're living a new life in the Himalayas as a snow leopard, which is what we always thought that you thought you were

Smudge Biggs 2-5-07 (edit)
Report Spam   Logged
Purrson
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 12:33:25 am »

At rest and free and God Bless my little rescue doodle for giving me 7 years of love, devotion, and challenges. He was loved.

MaxiBear 12-29-07
Report Spam   Logged
Purrson
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 12:36:04 am »

always on my mind ..................always in my heart........................

Maia Kai Sept 3, 2008
Report Spam   Logged
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 01:12:23 am »

If you ever read My Favorite Things by your Dog Roth was the epitome of that.

Food     My favorite thing
Car ride My favorite thing
Walk     My favorite thing
Cats      My favorite thing
Dogs     My favorite thing
People My favorite thing.

He never met a living soul he didnt like.

He was the eternal puppy, like Peter Pan, he never grew up. He never lost his enthusiasm for life; he loved life and all its wonders, despite his last few years being a struggle to deal with his LP. That struggle and the fight he put up to survive took a toll on him physically and 10 days ago his heart grew tired.

He waited for Jan to come home, she was in the door 15 mins, when he froze and went ridged, he had trouble standing, so he just lay down gently, he looked us both directly in the eye, and we both saw his light begin to dim. He told us it was time.

He allowed us to roll him into a blanket and carry him down the steps to the car, instead of fighting to stick his head out of the window he laid down on the back seat and placed his head on my lap.  He was leaving us on his own terms; he was very calm and peaceful.

When we got to the vets office, he struggled to stand, he wanted to make the last walk by himself, unassisted, and he did.

In the office he stood quietly while the vet checked him over and confirmed he was in heart failure. When the vet finished he laid down with his head in my lap again, when the vet came in with the injection, he offered his paw, his head grew heavy and he was gone. His eternal flame was finally dimmed.

He made his journey to the bridge calmly and with dignity, leaving only happy memories of our 90lb goofball hunting dawg couch potato, lap dog.

No longer will I get a rabbit kick in my back in the middle of the night, no longer will I have to race him to the litter boxes, I wont get to laugh at his counter surfing habits. I wont get to complain about a soggy pillow from his pillow sucking addiction.

Instead, when I am missing that big lug nut, I will look to the sky and see his eternal flame once again shining bright and strong , this time lighting the way for those that will follow him.

RUN GOOFBALL, run to your hearts content, just look back occasionally and know that we LOVE you.

Until we met again big guy.
Report Spam   Logged

Breedism is a form of Racism, with a different name to it.
BAN THE DEED, NOT THE BREED
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 12:00:36 am »

She was my comfort in dark days and my friend in good times
Report Spam   Logged

^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 10:57:16 pm »

Cheeko earlier this week he suddenly went into sudden kidney failure, sadly Spinner had to make the dreaded decision this morning to have him put to sleep. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:00:23 pm by ^Purrson^© » Report Spam   Logged

^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 10:29:56 pm »

Hit by a car in a wayward moment, leaving behind your new puppies, know that you are mourned by them even as they keep 2 of your puppies going. You took a piece of Daves heart with you. Take care of your other puppies on the bridge darling dog.
Report Spam   Logged

^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 10:56:03 pm »

Lhasa's Chelsea is now pain free on the bridge.

Chelsea 1994 to 9-8-2010 (edit)

She gave happiness and pleasure to everyone. She may be gone but not forgotten, will always be in my thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 11:17:47 pm »

1999 to November  19 2010
Now pain free and chasing rainbows
Report Spam   Logged

^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 11:05:47 pm »

Not sure why others dont post, please know our bridge is for all friends and members, can post your babies as well as family friends, relatives.... I seem to have been the one posting everyones pics from when we moved here when MSN closed groups.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: