Petchatters Meets Animalchatters
April 19, 2024, 02:04:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are now on Facebook, Search for Animalchatters on Facebook and join in.

To join us in live chat via basic java click the 'Chat Room' tab below        

Please register, to post here!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Rainbow Bridge Home Page Chat Room Staff List Login Register  

Share information on Toxic Plants to Pets

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Share information on Toxic Plants to Pets  (Read 610 times)
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« on: December 18, 2008, 06:56:49 pm »

Posted by sab3mmom
Yesterday Today & Tomorrow is a plant with flowers that change from white to pink to purple and it's toxic to our furry ones  but only the ones that graze. Unfortunately, the seed pods seem to attract certain dogs...mine for instance.  I have one of these in my yard and found Mozart eating off it. Whole weekend praying my guy would be ok. Over-analyzing it as I usually do, I realized I also had one of these plants at my old house where Morgan was first diagnosed with Epilepsy. His seizures got worse when I moved into this house which has a much older, bigger plant. Mozart is ok now and that plant is history!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56222/
Report Spam   Logged

Breedism is a form of Racism, with a different name to it.
BAN THE DEED, NOT THE BREED

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sab3mmom

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 07:02:21 pm »

Good post Purr. Not sure it could possibly cover all toxic stuff! I found from my last vet that near everything in my yard is toxic to dogs! Unfortunately there seems to be not much sustainable landscaping in Florida which is non-toxic to dogs. The only thing is, this plant seems to actually ATTRACT dogs to eat it! To me the flowers smell like dog pee when it blooms which would make sense that a younger, recently neutered pooch would want to eliminate it even by eating it! I got hibiscus and those buds are poisonous too...lirope too...Japanese Yew. Dang! Fortunately he only seemed to be aware of the Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow bush and it's dead pulled now. There's also the two major fruit trees...yes citrus is toxic to dogs. He shows no interest in the citrus at all but I do keep it picked up. If he keeps this up, he will be soft-muzzled to prevent him from eating things he should not. Like most any Cocker Spaniel he is insatious!
Report Spam   Logged

sharon - mom to Mozie, Monte, cocoMo, & Charlie-Tuna
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: