Petchatters Meets Animalchatters
March 28, 2024, 09:11:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are now on Facebook, Search for Animalchatters on Facebook and join in.

To join us in live chat via basic java click the 'Chat Room' tab below        

Please register, to post here!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Rainbow Bridge Home Page Chat Room Staff List Login Register  

Peanut Butter recalls?UPDATES

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peanut Butter recalls?UPDATES  (Read 1193 times)
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« on: January 21, 2009, 12:18:16 am »

Family member asked if they should be concerned about peanut butter in their dogs treats purchased with Peanut butter from reliable company. I cant find ANYTHING current about peanutbutter recall as it pertains to pets. Any ideas or thoughts welcome
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:02:23 am by ^Purrson^© » Report Spam   Logged

Breedism is a form of Racism, with a different name to it.
BAN THE DEED, NOT THE BREED

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sab3mmom

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:58:43 pm »

FDA has a website. I near freaked when I first heard the recall! I MUST have my p-butter and I use it to stuff the doggy Kongs. Talk about withdrawal!  Geez - I adore peanut butter! Anywho, on the news tonight was notice that p-butter the consumer buys at the grocery store not a problem so I intend to get my spoon and...well...partake! ALL my favorite snack crackers have been recalled! Here's what I figure...I already ate most of them and I'm not sick yet so I WILL eat the rest of them! I don't think I have anything from doggy products that have peanut butter... 
Report Spam   Logged

sharon - mom to Mozie, Monte, cocoMo, & Charlie-Tuna
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:30:29 pm »

Yup been searching the FDA past few days, also read its not the peanut butter in a jar more the processed products like peanut butter stuffed crackers so using pb in kongs is ok. News had something on concern moved to pet products but they didn't mention anything when the story came on, the Wall Street Journal site said PetSmart recalled their brand of biscuits as a precaution, but that's all I can find, FDA site didn't reference ANYTHING related to pet food.
I am thinking for now not an issue, but emailed her back to toss the treats in case, she never answered back.
Report Spam   Logged

^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 01:06:28 am »

Latest ON recall, heard administrative fellow or said to send out the peanut butter when he had heard was tainted, took 5th refusing to testify. I also heard he then refused to taste a product from his company.

refusal says alot in my book.
Latest updates on recalled products HERE
Scroll down for pet products but keep advised on all products
Report Spam   Logged

sab3mmom

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:22:57 pm »

Yeah...keep on eating p-butter - NOT! I have been eating a so-called safe product since the recall and have for the past week had symptoms of salmonella poisoning! Thankfully my "frugal" factor does not include toilet paper you know. Thank God I have THREE bathrooms! We are off p-butter until this is resolved! No symptoms from the dogs at all except some lighter stool but I'm switching their Kong stopper to something else for awhile for sure!
Report Spam   Logged

sharon - mom to Mozie, Monte, cocoMo, & Charlie-Tuna
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:37 pm »

Yipes Sab, not good. we get pb from trader joes, have heard the product itself hasnt been recalled rather processed stuff. Stay safe and keep kids safe. glad Cats dont have a pb habit

offering sab fish fillets
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: