Petchatters Meets Animalchatters
March 28, 2024, 06:21:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We are now on Facebook, Search for Animalchatters on Facebook and join in.

To join us in live chat via basic java click the 'Chat Room' tab below        

Please register, to post here!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Links Rainbow Bridge Home Page Chat Room Staff List Login Register  

Canned Air - Can It Burn Up Your PC?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canned Air - Can It Burn Up Your PC?  (Read 437 times)
^Purrson^©
Administrator

Best Friends

« on: October 28, 2008, 01:25:51 am »

http://www.worldstart.com/tips/index.php
Canned Air - Can It Burn Up Your PC?

I'm sure you've all heard us talk about canned air before in some of our tips. We use it here quite often and I'm willing to bet that a lot of you use it too. But, for those who don't know, what is canned air? Well, it's basically air that is sold in a pressurized can that is used to clean out dust, dirt and any other grime that may exist in hard to reach places. It's mostly used on sensitive electronic devices, including the insides of computers and between keyboard keys.

Canned air comes with a long nozzle that shoots out a blast of air, which blows out all of the debris found in tight areas. A good rule of thumb is to use canned air whenever you have a spot to clean that a vacuum or a piece of cloth cannot reach. Now, the air used for canned air is not the same as the air we all breathe. The mixture is often made up of nitrogen and other harmless gases. It is also known to be ozone safe, which is always good.

Now, even though canned air is safe to use on your computer, etc., you do need to pay attention to the kind you buy. A wonderful WorldStart reader informed me that there are two types of canned air: flammable and non-flammable. The can will clearly say whether it's flammable or not, so make sure you read the label closely. If a certain propellant in the canned air mixes with a high voltage from your computer, it could cause flames. So, even if you think air is non-flammable, don't be so sure. Read the label and just be as careful as possible when working with canned air. It's better to be safe than sorry. At least that's what I always say!

~ Erin
Report Spam   Logged

Breedism is a form of Racism, with a different name to it.
BAN THE DEED, NOT THE BREED

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: